Dr. Stuart Maddin, Chairman of DRP Dermatology Inc. is one of North America’s best-known and respected dermatologists and the author of numerous dermatologic journal articles, monographs and textbooks.
He is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Skin Therapy Letter, a publication that is indexed by the National Library of Medicine. In addition to providing consultative input to a number of pharmaceutical and biotech companies, he is the Director of the clinical trials unit at the Division of Dermatology, University of British Columbia.
Dr. Maddin has acted in an advisory capacity to a number of drug regulatory agencies, such as the Health Protection Branch (Ottawa), the AAD-FDA Liaison Committee and WHO (Geneva). As well as being the founder of the Dermatology Update symposia, now its twentieth year, he is past President of the Canadian Dermatology Association and served as Secretary-General of the International Committee of Dermatology – International League of Dermatological Societies.
Dr. Maddin resides in Vancouver, BC.
- Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Medicine Post-Graduate Training
- Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Medical Residency
- Shaughnessy Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Medical Residency
- Skin and Cancer Division, New York University, Bellevue Medical Center, New York, NY; Professor M.B. Sulzberger, Preceptorship
- General Medical and Cosmetic Dermatology
- Clinical trials
- Patient education
Business email: email@example.com
- Maddin S, (Editor), Carruthers A, (Assistant Editor). Current Dermatologic Therapy, 2nd Edition, Philadelphia, WB Saunders Company, 1991.
- Kitson N, Maddin S. Drugs for Skin Disease In: Dermal Absorption and Toxicity Assessment; Roberts M, and Walters K, (Editors), Vol.91, New York, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1997.
- Maddin S, Rivers JK (Guest Editors).Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 17:4, Philadelphia, WB Saunders Company, Harcourt Brace Javanovich Inc., 1998.
- Maddin S. US FDA Advisory Committee meetings held to discuss isotretinoin, safety issues and a new accutane formulation. Skin Therapy Lett 2000;6(2):5.
- Maddin S: (Contributor). Chapter on Rosacea, Therapeutic Choices 6th Edition, Ottawa, Canadian Pharmacists Association, 2011.